Garold Stasser joined the Miami University faculty in 1977. His research interests include group decision making, Coordination in team performance, and computational modeling of social interaction. His articles have appeared in Psychological Review, Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, Journal of Experimental Social Psychology, and Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes. His empirical work on information management in decision-making group has been supported by major grants from the National Science Foundation and the Office of Naval Research. He has served as Associate Editor of the Journal of Experimental Social Psychology and Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin. He is also on the editorial boards of the Journal of Personality and Social Psychology and Group Processes and Intergroup Relations.
- Communication, Language
- Group Processes
- Judgment and Decision Making
- Organizational Behavior
- Persuasion, Social Influence
- Research Methods, Assessment
- Abele, S., Stasser, G., & Chartier, C. (2010). Conflict and coordination in the provision of public goods: A conceptual analysis of continuous and step-level games. Personality and Social Psychology Review, 14, 385-401.
- Abele, S., & Stasser, G. (2008). Coordination success and interpersonal perceptions: Matching versus mismatching. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 95, 576-592.
- Stasser, G., & Titus, W. (2003). Hidden profiles: A brief history. Psychological Inquiry, 3-4, 302-311.
- Stasser, G., & Augustinova, M. (2008). Social engineering in distributed decision-making teams: Some implications for leadership at a distance. In S. Weisband (Ed.), Leadership at a Distance (pp.151-167). New York, NY: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates.
- Stasser, G., & Birchmeier, Z. (2003). Group creativity and collective choice. In P. Paulus and B. Nijstad (Eds.), Group Creativity (pp. 85-109). New York: Oxford University Press.
Department of Psychology
90 North Patterson Avenue
Oxford, OH 45056
- Phone: (513) 529-2415
- Fax: (513) 529-2420